Wednesday, March 11, 2015

injecter cleaners

would it be recommended to run the injection cleaners through the gas tank or should i manually do it







Response 1) I drive a '89 Dakota, purchased new, with 273,000 miles on it. I've added injector cleaner once or twice a year and have never had a problem.



Response 2) I clean my injectors twice a year. However, I know the Complete maintenance history and always use the same brand and grade of fuel. If this is a used car and you have no idea of it's history I recommend that you use a cleaner that goes directly to the Injector/s. These do a much better job than an additive to your fuel. They contain Propane and ARE under pressure. Follow the Directions CAREFULLY! And note, Injectors DO fail. They are an electrical component unless you have a True Diesel. Then they run off a camshaft.