Wednesday, August 26, 2015

steering problems - when I steer the brake pedal is depressed

QUESTION:
My 2001 f250 7.3 liter has power steering problems. I have replaced the pump and the hydro assist but I still have trouble steering and when I steer the brake pedal is depressed and brakes are applied sometimes brakes are completely locked up. Could this be from bad fluid.and my new hydro assist is still good.I thought i had all the fluid out but it still is not clear fluid.

ANSWER:
This is caused by a failed check valve inside the Hydro-boost Assembly at the master cylinder. if you have replaced this part already then you have received a faulty re-manufactured one. Take it back and get a different one. I have seen this issue before. No it is not from bad fluid. The ONLY thing that will cause this is as I described. "This is caused by a failed check valve inside the Hydro-boost Assembly at the master cylinder."