Monday, January 26, 2015

1999 Ford E-150 has a misfire problem that I can't seem to fix



TPS Sensor



My 1999, E-150 has a misfire problem that I can't seem to fix. I had to replace the Camshaft Sensor due to the 3-wire connector being fused together during a simple thermostat replacement. I had trouble connecting the Sensor back onto the 3-wire coupling due to an electrical degreaser I used, which melted the 3-wire insulation and caused the wires to touch each other.



After I put it all back together, and started the engine, I got nothing to run. So..... after breaking it all down again to discover the Camshaft Sensor fried, along with the 30amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood, I had to go find another connector (used) and a NEW sensor, and put it all back together. The engine turned on!



But..... the motor ran a bit rough at idle. Then I drove the van around and the misfire was in all driving gears and RPM's. It was rough enough for me to park the van and try to diagnose the problem. I replaced the spark plugs, tested the Coil Pack with an Ohm meter and still nothing helped.



What do I do now?



Response:

Try your T.PS. sensor sounds like that may be the real problem. I had same problem and that fixed mine.