Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Need some help on picking out a rice rocket?

2006 Suzuki Katana 600


QUESTION:
Need some help on picking out a rice rocket?
OK, so I've been riding a street legal dirt bike for about 5 years now, its a 200cc. I feel that I am ready to take a step up to a new bike that will go a bit faster than 50mph. (my bike only goes about 50 tops) and am interested in getting a 400cc rice rocket as I cannot see myself on a "cruiser" type bike. So I was wondering if someone has any suggestions on a good bike for me. Preferably one that I can be a bit more upright on and not so crouched down over the gas tank.. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, I just want it to get me from point A to point B.

ANSWER:
I recommend a Suzuki Katana. They allow you to set upright more than the others and are generally less expensive. Any Katana will go faster than 100mph. I would get a 600 though. It is a good idea to be afraid of the bike you ride, this keeps you in check. If you think you have mastered it, then you are looking for trouble....